Four adults were arrested after search warrants were executed by the London Police Street Gang Unit, assisted by the Emergency Response Unit, at residences on Maitland and Simcoe streets on Saturday (Jan. 26).
Seized were the following items:
• 275.1 grams of marijuana valued at $2,751;
• 80 grams of cocaine valued at $8,000;
• A loaded .380 semi-automatic firearm;
• $3,640; and
• Two expandable batons
As a result of the investigation, Dinish Barnes, 28, and Khamara Dalamba, 18, both of Brampton, were charged with the following offences:
• Careless storage of firearm;
• Careless storage of ammunition
• Unlicenced person possess prohibited/restricted weapon;
• Possess loaded regulated firearm;
• Possess schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking; and
• Possess schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking.
Khamara Dalamba has also been charged with failing to comply with a condition of his recognizance.
Also charged is Joseph Godin, 47, of London, with:
• Possess schedule I substance; and
• Possess schedule II substance.
A vehicle was stopped a short distance away after leaving the Maitland Street address. As a result, Raheem Saunders, 19, of Brampton, was charged with the following offences:
• Mislead police;
• Fail to comply with recognizance;
• Fail to comply with OIC undertaking; and
• Possession of schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking.
None of these charges have been proven in a court of law.